Coastal Home Blog
With summer just around the corner, adding fresh coastal touches to your home is a simple way to reflect the seaside mood.
1. WICKER VIBE. From hanging lights to accent chairs, wicker is summer's favorite material. It adds in texture and natural hues to your coastal space. This beach house living room with wicker accent chairs and coastal sea fan framed art is a great example.
2. COASTAL ART. Add in some beachy style that screams summertime with a framed ocean print or a seaside treasure like this sea fan. Maybe hang a driftwood specimen or a ship painting to evoke memories of Summer.
3. POP OF COLOR. A pop of color in your coastal white space can add a touch of summer with ease. Summer is all about bright bold and fun colors. Take a note from Summer by painting hanging coastal lanterns a bright pop of color, check out how it brightens up this beach house kitchen.
4. AQUA HUES. Ocean blues and aqua hues speak the Summertime language. Hang an aqua beaded chandelier , paint a wall a soft ocean tone or add a throw pillow to an all white slipcover sofa to add that Summer touch.
5. BOAT STRIPES. Coastal blue and white boathouse stripes give a nautical feeling to your space, making us think of sailing the ocean in the Summer breeze. Add your own touch of Summer with a coastal blue and white boat stripe area rug or a striped club chair for the same effect.
6. SLIPCOVER LIVING. Coastal white slipcover sofas make us think of big white beach towels hugging you after a dip in the ocean. They give that comfy coastal feel of the Summer. Slipcover furnishings are a casual beachy design that will give your space a Summer feel.
8. REFLECT THE SUMMER LIGHT. A great coastal mirror hung in the right spot will spread the Summer sun throughout your space lighting it with that warm glow. A mirror can also give the illusion of a bigger space so it's a win win.
9. BASKET OF SUMMER. Fill a great wicker basket with fluffy beach towels by the door for grab and go Summer fun.
1. Turquoise paint or accent in a beach house design will bring in the essence of the sea with an ocean water hue.
2. Create Visual Interest with wood accents and architectural details like these wood beams. When you pair wood with crisp white paint the details really pop for a great coastal design. These woven rattan basket pendant lights are a great accent to the space.
3. Prepare for sand. Cover your beach house floors in great coastal area rugs for a beachy design and to ward off a sandy mess.
4. Hang Ups. Create a a place to hang your beach hats and beach bags in an entry or mudd room for a beachy coastal design that will give your home a vacation feel.
5. Shabby Chic gives a space that coveted coastal casual and comfy design every beach house needs. Add a slipcover chaise lounge or a love seat to your sitting area for an inviting shabby chic design.
6. Sun drenched coastal living creates a warm and inviting beachy design. This is an easy way to lighten a space or add a beachy glow. simply open the curtains and let the light shine in.
8. Room with a view. Create a sitting area with a view by placing a pair of slipcover chairs or a chaise in front of a window.
10. Water friendly coastal living space. Using materials that are made for a coastal lifestyle such as outdoor wicker and slipcovered furnishings will give your beach house a durable comfy coastal design. Our high quality slipcovered furniture collections offers pieces that will transform your room, inviting you and your family to stretch out or curl up without a worry. Easy to remove and wash slipcover fabric designed to last.
10 Easy breezy coastal design tips to use in your beach house. Beach house design ideas that are easy breezy.
2. Aqua Hues. An aqua painted wall can do wonders for a space, instantly transforming it into a coastal oasis.
3. Boathouse Stripes. This coastal bathroom was given a nautical touch with navy and white boathouse stripe wallpaper.
5. Driftwood and Weathered Wood add a beachy feel and will give your coastal home a coastal collected feeling.
7. Sea Inspired Lighting. Hang a coastal lantern or seashell chandelier to bring in a seaside design.
9. Wicker Coastal Furnishings. Beach vacation and wicker just go together. Wicker has a casual beachy vibe that can be infused with seating, lighting or accent decor.
10. Woven Beach Textures. Layer your space with texture. From wood to jute, you can create layers of interest usually found in vacation homes.
Summer is quickly approaching which means it's time to get your coastal home beach chic ready. Weather your Summer includes a vacation rental in the Hamptons or a small beach town getaway, your home needs some beach vacation style.