From The Galley: Shrimp Salad Lettuce Wraps
From the galley at Our Boat House, shrimp salad lettuce wraps perfect for a picnic at the beach.
Shrimp Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces silken tofu (1/4 block)
- 1/4 Cup Silk Unsweetened soy or almondmilk
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, cooked, deveined and chilled
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1 cup celery, finely minced
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- lemon slices, for garnish
- additional fresh dill, for garnish
1. Using a mini-food processor or blender, combine mayonnaise, tofu, Silk, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and dill. Blend until smooth. Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of Silk to thin dressing, if desired.
2. In a large bowl gently combine chilled shrimp, dressing, onions and celery.
3. Taste and adjust seasonings. Arrange lettuce leaves on a large platter and fill each leaf with 1/3 cup shrimp salad mixture.
4. Place lemon slices alongside. Garnish with extra dill and a grind of fresh black pepper.
New in the Shop
October 21, 2022
Cozy Cottage By The Sea
A cozy cottage by the sea is what dreams are made of. Create that feeling in your home with simpl...Read
June 19, 2023
Create a Summer Oasis With The Glow of Lanterns, Lighting and Fire Elements
Turn up the ambience and extend the day into the night with the enchanting illumination of Lanter...Read
September 05, 2023
Addicted To Wicker & Rattan! Simply The Best Pieces To Add To Your Home.
We are Addicted to Wicker and Rattan. Why? Because Wicker and Rattan is timeless and reminds us ...Read