From The Galley: Parmesan Crusted Crab Cake Bites
Recipes from Our Boat House to yours. From the galley, coastal recipes for your coastal lifestyle.
Parmesan-Crusted Crab Cake Bites
- 12 servings. Hands-on time, 18 minutes. Total time, 48 minutes.
- 6 oz. fresh lump crabmeat, drained (I used Bay Beyond Backfin Lump Crabmeat)
- 2 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ tsp. Old Bay seasoning (I used Cheasapeake Bay seasoning)
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ¼ cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease 2 (12-cup) miniature muffin pans. (I used a 24 cup mini muffin pan). Pick crabmeat, removing any bits of shell.
Stir cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Add 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and next 6 ingredients, stir until smooth. Fold in crabmeat and parsley.
Combine remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and melted butter in a medium bowl, toss with fork until breadcrumbs are moistened.
Spoon 1 Tbsp. breadcrumb mixture into each muffin cup, press into bottom and up sides to form crust. Spoon 1 Tbsp. crab mixture into each crust.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool in pans 5 minutes. Run a knife around edges of crab cakes to loosen, gently lift cakes from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature topped with Chive Aioli.
- Makes ½ cup. Prepare up to a day in advance, cover & chill.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, pressed.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover & chill.
Recipes from to yours. From the galley, coastal recipes for you.
October 21, 2022
Cozy Cottage By The Sea
A cozy cottage by the sea is what dreams are made of. Create that feeling in your home with simpl...Read
June 19, 2023
Create a Summer Oasis With The Glow of Lanterns, Lighting and Fire Elements
Turn up the ambience and extend the day into the night with the enchanting illumination of Lanter...Read
September 05, 2023
Addicted To Wicker & Rattan! Simply The Best Pieces To Add To Your Home.
We are Addicted to Wicker and Rattan. Why? Because Wicker and Rattan is timeless and reminds us ...Read