Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Great design should look like it has been collected over time. Here are a few design tips to help you create the perfect evolved design.
1. Contrast furniture styles- mix old and new to create depth in your design. This room infuses Lucite side tables with traditional coastal pieces.
2. Display your collections in the room. This room has a great collection of books displayed by color.
3. A variety of textures, colors and patterns make a room feel collected. Experiment with different fabrics, mix wood with metal and stone with sea glass.
4. Rugs add dimension and layers to the room. A great coastal area rug can change the feel of your space.
5. Family hand me downs or heirlooms bring history to a space. Antique cabinets add old world feel to a modern coastal room with white slipcover sofa and chairs.