Coastal Home Blog
10 Ways To: Coastal holiday decorating
2. Natural pine garland can go a long way. Drape it over your doorways or on the fireplace mantle for an instant Christmas feel.
3. Cuttings from your yard, such as palm fronds can be incorporated into your holiday design. Gather the fronds and fan them out, attach a seas shell, starfish or sand dollar in the center for a seaside coastal decoration.
4. Silver containers such as ice buckets, pales, or glassware filled with plantings or florals will give your room an instant sparkle of holiday decor.
5. Galvanized tin container is perfect for planting spruce or small Christmas trees in and placing on a table as your cottage holiday centerpiece.
6. Simple draping on your fireplace with rope, garland or ribbon and placement of Christmas ornaments in a large clam shell will have your place ready for the holidays in no time.
7. Pine cones and branches gathered from outdoors and placed in shiny containers give an instant holiday decor.
8. Brown paper wrapping has such a home made feel, add some raffia and seashells and you have Coastal packages to give any room a bit of holiday decor.
9. Add a Christmas wreath to any door to usher in the holiday spirit, a touch of shells to give it more of a seaside vibe.
10. Last but not least hang classic stockings by the fire to begin the countdown to Christmas. Want to spruce up an old tradition with a coastal touch, use rope with starfish attached to hang your stockings.