Coastal Home Blog
10 ideas for that empty wall space over your bed
10 ideas to create a coastal design in the empty space behind your bed.
1. Coastal art. The most popular item to fill the boring wall space above your bed is to hang coastal art like an ocean painting.
2. Mirror, Mirror on the wall. A great coastal mirror on your headboard wall will reflect light in your bedroom while giving the illusion of more space.
3. Driftwood design. Install a piece of driftwood on your bedroom wall for a coastal beach house design.
4. Oyster shell plates. Plate wall designs aren't just for the dining room. Take your oyster shell plate collection and display it on your bedroom wall.
5. Fabric canopy. This one can be a simple or ornate as you want it. Fabric can add a softer element to your wall, taking up space and creating an interesting coastal design.
6. Shelf of seashells hung on the wall behind the bed for a coastal cottage feel.
7. Boat Oars. A very coastal look can be achieved by hanging boat oars on the wall behind your bed.
8. Rugs as wall art. A new form of tapestry, cool coastal area rugs provide an inexpensive way to get a big design on your bedroom wall. Picture a boat house navy and white stripe rug as a backdrop on your bedroom wall, such a cool, "beachy" design.
9. Coastal wall decals. This aqua jelly fish decal would look amazing on your bedroom wall as a backdrop for your bed.
10. Wooden nautical art. The wooden whale looks awesome over the bed giving the space a coastal nautical feel.