Coastal Home Blog
How to: DIY Coastal nautical globe pandant lights
Coastal nautical globe pendant light DIY
Inexpensive cardboard world globe
Pndant light kit
Keyless shell socket
40-watt light bulb
1. Remove the globe from the stand.
2. With the X-Acto knife, slice along the equator seam of the globe until it comes apart in two halves.
3. Remove the entire socket cover and socket from the light kit.
4. Poke the female end of the cord (the part left after you removed the socket from the kit) through the North Pole hole so it's inside the globe. (The female end is not the end that you plug into the outlet.)
5. Hold the socket cover inside the globe and poke the female end of the wire through it.
6. Attach the wire to the keyless shell socket by wrapping the exposed wire ends to the socket and then screwing each one onto the socket. The white wire (the one with writing on it) goes to the silver screw side; the non-writing wire to the gold screw.
7. Pull the socket cover over the socket.
8. Screw in a light bulb.
9. Pull the cord until the socket is near the top inside of the globe.
10. Hang and enjoy.
DIY links for supplies: