Coastal Home Blog
1. Turquoise paint or accent in a beach house design will bring in the essence of the sea with an ocean water hue.
2. Create Visual Interest with wood accents and architectural details like these wood beams. When you pair wood with crisp white paint the details really pop for a great coastal design. These woven rattan basket pendant lights are a great accent to the space.
3. Prepare for sand. Cover your beach house floors in great coastal area rugs for a beachy design and to ward off a sandy mess.
4. Hang Ups. Create a a place to hang your beach hats and beach bags in an entry or mudd room for a beachy coastal design that will give your home a vacation feel.
5. Shabby Chic gives a space that coveted coastal casual and comfy design every beach house needs. Add a slipcover chaise lounge or a love seat to your sitting area for an inviting shabby chic design.
6. Sun drenched coastal living creates a warm and inviting beachy design. This is an easy way to lighten a space or add a beachy glow. simply open the curtains and let the light shine in.
8. Room with a view. Create a sitting area with a view by placing a pair of slipcover chairs or a chaise in front of a window.
10. Water friendly coastal living space. Using materials that are made for a coastal lifestyle such as outdoor wicker and slipcovered furnishings will give your beach house a durable comfy coastal design. Our high quality slipcovered furniture collections offers pieces that will transform your room, inviting you and your family to stretch out or curl up without a worry. Easy to remove and wash slipcover fabric designed to last.
10 Easy breezy coastal design tips to use in your beach house. Beach house design ideas that are easy breezy.
Whether you live just steps from the ocean or miles away, a beach inspired porch brings the feel of the seashore right to your front door.
1. Ocean Hues. Use aqua tones of the ocean blues and sandy hues like the dunes to give your porch a beachy design.
2. Nautical lanterns will add a touch of seaside design to any porch. This understated beach house porch with a beach dune and ocean view doesn't need much to have a beachy style, the nauitcal lantern pendant is the perfect touch.
3. Outdoor slipcovered furnishings is our favorite way to bring the beach house style to your porch. A comfy coastal casual feel is key with any beach house design.
5. Textures like wicker coastal outdoor seating add a beach house element to an outdoor space or front porch.
6. Hanging Coastal Seating adds a coastal whimsy design to your space. It gives you outdoor living an unexpected coastal design for a big impact.
7. Sectional sofa for lots of coastal seating on coastal porch. Fill your coastal porch with the perfect seating by using a sectional sofa. This allows you to lounge, lay down, read a book, or enjoy the entire family together in one space.
8. Throw pillows make the outdoors feel like your inside the beach house by adding coastal accents and a comfy casual feeling.
9. Aqua Paint. Paint your porch ceiling or floors for a coastal beach house vibe. This is a great way to give your coastal space a vast open feeling of the sky or ocean waves that most beach houses usually have.
10. Fire elements. If you have an open air deck a fire element brings a beachy bon fire feel to your space.
1. Color Tones. Decorating a room in all the same tone is a wasted opportunity. Using only one shade of a color looks flat; choose two or preferably three and mix them between coastal accessories,rugs, furniture and paint.
2. Accent wall. Wallpapering or painting an accent wall a different color will add dimension and texture to the room without being overpowering.
3. Glazing. Adding a glaze to paint on the wall adds automatic texture and gives off a subtle glow when light hits it. Glaze also reflects the natural lighting in the room, creating a warmer effect.
6. Window treatments. Dressing your windows with fabric or woven blinds creates layers and texture while giving the space a finished look.
8. Weathered Wod. Weather it's a reclaimed wood dining table or a great piece of driftwood displayed on the wall, wood is an effortless representation of texture.
9. Layer lighting. Having overhead lighting, sea inspired chandeliers, task lighting and soft tabletop lighting adds dimension to your space. Light casts shadows and adds brightness, creating layers and texture.