Coastal Home Blog
There’s so much to love about this classic shingle home, which certainly includes the beautiful and colorful coastal interiors. Located by the sea and beautifully designed by Echelon Custom Homes, this beach house will make you feel a little closer to summer!
Classic coastal white beach house kitchen design with a pop of navy for an unexpected sea inspired touch. Seahorse framed art and lantern style chandelier are just a few of the sea inspired accents that add a nautical element to the space.
Dark navy painted cabinets and a pothole door give this pantry a whimsical pop.
The breakfast nook is open and bright, filled with natural light and accented with the perfect pop of aqua in the beaded coastal chandelier.
With summer just around the corner, adding fresh coastal touches to your home is a simple way to reflect the seaside mood.
1. WICKER VIBE. From hanging lights to accent chairs, wicker is summer's favorite material. It adds in texture and natural hues to your coastal space. This beach house living room with wicker accent chairs and coastal sea fan framed art is a great example.
2. COASTAL ART. Add in some beachy style that screams summertime with a framed ocean print or a seaside treasure like this sea fan. Maybe hang a driftwood specimen or a ship painting to evoke memories of Summer.
3. POP OF COLOR. A pop of color in your coastal white space can add a touch of summer with ease. Summer is all about bright bold and fun colors. Take a note from Summer by painting hanging coastal lanterns a bright pop of color, check out how it brightens up this beach house kitchen.
4. AQUA HUES. Ocean blues and aqua hues speak the Summertime language. Hang an aqua beaded chandelier , paint a wall a soft ocean tone or add a throw pillow to an all white slipcover sofa to add that Summer touch.
5. BOAT STRIPES. Coastal blue and white boathouse stripes give a nautical feeling to your space, making us think of sailing the ocean in the Summer breeze. Add your own touch of Summer with a coastal blue and white boat stripe area rug or a striped club chair for the same effect.
6. SLIPCOVER LIVING. Coastal white slipcover sofas make us think of big white beach towels hugging you after a dip in the ocean. They give that comfy coastal feel of the Summer. Slipcover furnishings are a casual beachy design that will give your space a Summer feel.
8. REFLECT THE SUMMER LIGHT. A great coastal mirror hung in the right spot will spread the Summer sun throughout your space lighting it with that warm glow. A mirror can also give the illusion of a bigger space so it's a win win.
9. BASKET OF SUMMER. Fill a great wicker basket with fluffy beach towels by the door for grab and go Summer fun.
Aqua and white coastal bedroom with light aqua blue walls and an ocean view.