Coastal Home Blog
No need to spend a lot of time and money updating your home this Spring. Instead, follow these 5 easy tips from top designers to get started.
1. Scan the space you want to update. This should be a quick scan of the room. Pick the first three things that bother you and use this as your strating point. This forces you to prioritize the top things to change, rather than leaving you feeling overwhelmed with an long, taxing list. This will make each room list easier to tackle.
2. Fresh White. Bring in white decor like a slipcover sofa or chair to freshen up the space and create the base of your coastal canvas for Spring.
3. Liven your space with new throw pillows. Coastal throw pillows can add a bright pop of color without having to commit to a color change on the walls. This can liven up a design with pattern and excitement that spring brings.
4.Keep It Airy and Light. Remove heavy drapes and replace them with sheer materials. You want the sun to shine in and fill your room with natural light.
5. Play with Punches of Yellow. Nothing sings "spring" like the color yellow. A large white bowl or tall glass vase of lemons can add instant spring style into any room. Lemons are a fresh, inexpensive style accessory that are also readily on hand for cooking! So add a pop of sunshine with yellow accents.
Coastal dining room with natural hues and beachy textures is re-created for you by The Crew at Our Boat House. We shopped this coastal beach house dining room to help you create your own natural beauty dining space.
Wall paint color is Sherwin Williams Silver Strand. Board and batten paint color is Sherwin Williams Snowbound.
1. Turquoise paint or accent in a beach house design will bring in the essence of the sea with an ocean water hue.
2. Create Visual Interest with wood accents and architectural details like these wood beams. When you pair wood with crisp white paint the details really pop for a great coastal design. These woven rattan basket pendant lights are a great accent to the space.
3. Prepare for sand. Cover your beach house floors in great coastal area rugs for a beachy design and to ward off a sandy mess.
4. Hang Ups. Create a a place to hang your beach hats and beach bags in an entry or mudd room for a beachy coastal design that will give your home a vacation feel.
5. Shabby Chic gives a space that coveted coastal casual and comfy design every beach house needs. Add a slipcover chaise lounge or a love seat to your sitting area for an inviting shabby chic design.
6. Sun drenched coastal living creates a warm and inviting beachy design. This is an easy way to lighten a space or add a beachy glow. simply open the curtains and let the light shine in.
8. Room with a view. Create a sitting area with a view by placing a pair of slipcover chairs or a chaise in front of a window.
10. Water friendly coastal living space. Using materials that are made for a coastal lifestyle such as outdoor wicker and slipcovered furnishings will give your beach house a durable comfy coastal design. Our high quality slipcovered furniture collections offers pieces that will transform your room, inviting you and your family to stretch out or curl up without a worry. Easy to remove and wash slipcover fabric designed to last.
10 Easy breezy coastal design tips to use in your beach house. Beach house design ideas that are easy breezy.