Tuesday, January 31, 2017
1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
4 cups Whole Milk
1 tablespoons Agave Nectar
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
Pinch Cayenne Pepper
5 ounces Spiced Rum
Whipped Cream, optional, for garnish
Chocolate Sauce, optional, for garnish
In a sauce pot combine milk, cocoa powder, agave, cinnamon, and cayenne. Bring to a simmer. Whisk until cocoa powder, agave and spices are completely dissolved in the milk. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, whisking to ensure everything is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in spiced rum. Garnish each serving with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and additional cayenne pepper if desired.
The perfect adult beverage to warm you up this cold winter season. This spicy hot chocolate recipe is just what you need cooking up in your coastal kitchen this winter.
Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Recipe by The New Potato
Monday, January 30, 2017
Modern Newport Beach home with coastal chic design.
The exterior brick wraps around to the interior with large front sliding doors that invite the outdoors in. A shiplap accent wall behind the custom made fireplace draws the eye creating a unique focal point in the home’s beautiful family room.
Comfy cozy family room with coastal slipcover sofa, aqua blue are rug and a beautiful boardwalk pine coffee table.
Clean lines, modern and chic kitchen design with nickel hanging ship lights over the quartz island.
Hampton's inspired coastal dining room with rectangular wood dining table surrounded by beautiful wicker back side chairs. Sea inspired wall art fills the wall with coastal style while an opulent chandelier lights the space.
Serene and inviting coastal bedroom wiht a garden view.
Beautiful coastal chic beach house with slipcover furnishings and coastal accents in Newport Beach. Take tour of this modern coastal chic beach house in Newport Beach.
Beach House Tour: Newport Beach Home
Saturday, January 28, 2017
An important but overlooked component of interior design is texture. You can have the most beautiful design in the world, but if it strikes the same visual tone throughout, it will feel flat. Here are 10 ways you can add texture to your home.
1. Color Tones. Decorating a room in all the same tone is a wasted opportunity. Using only one shade of a color looks flat; choose two or preferably three and mix them between coastal accessories,rugs, furniture and paint.
2. Accent wall. Wallpapering or painting an accent wall a different color will add dimension and texture to the room without being overpowering.
3. Glazing. Adding a glaze to paint on the wall adds automatic texture and gives off a subtle glow when light hits it. Glaze also reflects the natural lighting in the room, creating a warmer effect.
4. Emphasize the ceiling. The ceiling is an important fifth wall in a room, paint it an interesting color, to give the room a textured feel. Using complementary color or shade, like a lighter gray ceiling with medium gray on the walls. A lighter shade on the ceiling can often make it feel higher.
5. Mix textures in your fabrics. When it comes to fabrics don't use the same texture. For example, If you have pillows on the sofa in the same color family make sure they're not all the same fabric or print. Use a variety of textures and prints to automatically add interest to the entire space.
6. Window treatments. Dressing your windows with fabric or woven blinds creates layers and texture while giving the space a finished look.
7. Area rugs. A coastal area rug instantly defines a space. Natural wood flooring is always beautiful, but looks far better with the layered, textured effect an area rug gives.
8. Weathered Wod. Weather it's a reclaimed wood dining table or a great piece of driftwood displayed on the wall, wood is an effortless representation of texture.
9. Layer lighting. Having overhead lighting, sea inspired chandeliers, task lighting and soft tabletop lighting adds dimension to your space. Light casts shadows and adds brightness, creating layers and texture.
10. Mirrors. Hanging a coastal mirror will reflect and cast light in a room defining existing textures and creating new. Mirrors also create the illusion of a bigger space, giving you more reasons to add a great mirror to your space.
10 Ways to add coastal texture style with layers and finishes. Design tips to give depth to your coastal home design and decor.