Coastal Home Blog
Archive for July 2015
Throw on your flip-flops and head to the tastiest dives for fresh caught, batter dipped fried delicious goodness. These are some of America's best seafood dives!
1. LeJeune's Market by the Bay in Alabama
Home of shrimp po' boy! Fresh sweet catch hauled in from the Gulf, breaded and cooked to perfection. Shrimp piled high on light bread from Gambino's in New Orleans. Line up at the counter to order, then sit and enjoy in the bright red booth with blue gingham tablecloth.
2. Shoreline Beach Café in Santa Barbara, California
Set on the beach tables sit in the sand for the beachy dive design. Shoreline prides itself on serving fresh and healthy ingredients locally grown.
3. Westfair Fish & Chips in Westport, Connecticut
Westfair has all the clam chowder bases covered. This tiny storefront, with just five tables and half a dozen stools at a window counter, hides in a strip mall and caters mostly to nearby residents. Fried clams and fried oysters, both lightly battered, are especially tender and juicy.
4. Half Shell Raw Bar in Key West, Florida
License plates completely cover the walls of this former shrimp warehouse on the dock. Some favorites served here is the briny and broad-shelled Gulf Coast oysters; mammoth, buttery-sweet peel-and-eat shrimp; and devilishly addictive fish dip, made from house-smoked local catch.
5. Bob's Clam Hut in Kittery, Maine
A clam spot where two versions of the lightest fried clams on the Eastern Seaboard compete for customers' attention. There is the traditional house recipe and Lillian's, (a cashier who challenged the restaurant's kitchen with her own recipe). With little flags set in your clams and old-fashioned decor, this landmark spot just north of the Maine/New Hampshire line is the taste of Maine.
6. Alive and Kicking Lobsters in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The ingredients at this Massachusetts dive are deceptively simple. A quarter pound of warm, fresh-shucked lobster meat dressed with salt, pepper, and just a bit of mayonnaise between two buttered and toasted slices of scali bread. It's called a lobster sandwich, not a lobster roll. Don't forget to grab a house soda to finish your meal.
7. Petey's Summertime Seafood and Bar in Rye, New Hampshire
Petey's sits on an inlet, the wooden decks, porches, and picnic tables provide breezy views of the Atlantic and a salt marsh. Try the Baked Stuffed Lobster Pie 'n Butter, a sinfully rich New England specialty.
8. Navy Beach Restaurant in Montauk, NY
Known for the dark-and-stormy a drink at the rustic bar this dive sits outside, on the 200 feet of private beach. Relax with a drink on a lounger as you devour crispy calamari with piquant chili-garlic dressing. Or pick a picnic table for the epic sunset at laid-back Navy Beach. Wherever you decide to anchor, dig into the creamy clam-and-corn chowder, followed by tender local scallops and crack open a Montauk Driftwood Ale. Don't mis order enough Parmesan fries to share
9. Cap'n Jack's Restaurant in South Kingstown, Rhode Island
A seafood dives with their own pastry chef . Enjot huge clam cakes, fish-and-chips, and seafood pasta specials in this cute, family-owned spot on a coastal salt marsh.
1. The Slipcovered Chair. Standard size that is stationary and the most common choice in coastal casual beach house decor. One of our favorite designs is the Montauk Slipcovered Chair, it is a standard size that fits most configurations. The Montauk Slipcovered Chair makes you want to curl up or stretch out - relaxation guaranteed. The low roll arms make fabulous headrests for napping.
2. Swivel Glider Slipcovered Chair. When your space has dual purpose and you need your chairs to turn to face different ways at different times the perfect answer is a slipcovered swivel glider chair. It provides the same comfort of any slipcovered chair, while offering the style and functionality of a rocking glider that also swivels.
3. Slipcovered Chaise Lounge. When you need a place to stretch out besides the sofa, you want a slipcovered chaise lounge. Lounging is part of summer vacation - by adding a chaise lounge in your living, family or great room you will instantly create a warm, welcoming coastal living feel bringing you back to summer vacation every day of the year.
4. Slipcovered Chiar and a Half. Your living room has a great slipcovered sofa and you don't want a love seat, a slipcovered chair and a half is the way to go. Oversized slipcovered chair and a half is a comfortable addition to the furniture and decor of any home. Perfectly designed for two people, the oversized chair and a half is perfect to comfortably curl up and relax in. These versatile slipcover chairs is the perfect answer for accommodating multiple people, while also being durable for kids and pet friendly.