Coastal Home Blog
From The Galley: Oatmeal Fudge Bars
Oatmeal Fudge Bars
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup flour
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar2 teaspoons instant espresso
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 325˚F and line an 8 x 8 pan with foil. Grease foil
2. Combine oats, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, and baking soda
3. Add in melted butter and stir until combined.
4. Reserve 3/4 cup mixture for topping. Evenly spread the remaining mixture in to the prepared pan. Press into an even layer. Bake for about 12 minutes. Allow to cool, but keep oven on.
5. In a bowl combine flour, brown sugar, and espresso
6. Microwave butter and chocolate until melted. Stir in egg. Stir in flour mixture and whisk together.
7. Evenly spread chocolate mixture over crust and sprinkle with remaining oatmeal mixture.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting. Enjoy!