Coastal Home Blog
Designer Tips: Give your home a coastal vacation feel
1. COLOR. Most vacation homes are not afraid of color. Add a pop of color to your home to add a spark of vacation.
Give your home a seaside vacation feel with these coastal design tips.
2. WHIMSICAL DECOR. Adding a note of whimsical decor shows you don't take design too seriously, this is usually the case with vacation rentals. A giant wall covered in a gorgeous map from floor to ceiling adds whimsical drama.
3. THE VIEW. Coastal decor is simple, tailored, neutral and easy-to-care-for because the focus is on the view outside. Keep your decor laid-back, that is coastal living.
4. BEACH TONES. Reimagine the beach when choosing your main color palate. Tones of the sand, sky and water will make you feel like you are waterfront even if you aren't.
5. RETREAT. Create a bedroom retreat that you can escape in. Your bedroom should make you feel like you have no where to be in the morning but the beach relaxing. Vacation homes have the best bedrooms, use this as your inspiration.