Coastal Home Blog
Designer Tips: Choosing the right outdoor furniture for your space
1. The first thing to consider is how the outdoor space will be used. Entertainment or relaxation or both?
2. Determine how much space you have and what pieces and size furniture will work in your outdoor space.
3. Does the furniture need to be light weight to be easily moved around and reconfigured, or will the pieces be in a permanent setting?
4. Washing with warm, soapy water works for maintaining most outdoor furniture that is exposed to the elements. Durability and weatherproof is a big factor. If you have cushions, materials such as polyester allows water to bead and roll off, keeping the cushions low maintenance.
5. If your outdoor space is in direct sunlight for a significant part of the day adding an outdoor umbrella or awning will provide a shady retreat during the hottest points of the day.