Coastal Home Blog
Design Tips- Summer Kitchens
1. Entertaining lifestyle: Summer kitchens are perfect for those who enjoy cooking outdoors as well as entertaining. Determine how often you enjoy cooking outdoors, and what size area you can dedicate to adding a summer kitchen.
Coastal outdoor kitchen tips
2. Access to amenities: Summer kitchens that have several amenities get used more often. Amenities such as cooking grills, griddles, rotisseries can make your cooking experience enjoyable. Summer kitchens that have sinks, refrigerators, freezers and wine coolers can help the avid cook avoid running back inside the main house.
3. Lounge area: Don’t forget about the lounging and leisure area for your guests. Determine what type of seating will suit your needs, movable lounge chairs and tables are ideal for versatility. Make sure the seating area isn’t too far from the summer kitchen area for guest interaction, but too close for smoke to affect your guests.
4. Budget: Having a budget set will keep you from guessing and running out of money.
5. Outdoor lighting: Installing outdoor lighting will allow your dinning experience to go into the night in style.