Coastal Home Blog
Beautiful beach house outdoor living area with a blue and white color scheme that is an inviting, casual coastal design. Blue and white coastal throw pillows fill every piece of coastal seating. Rattan woven textures mix with bright white cushions for a clean and crisp look. Lounge anywhere you want with plenty of outdoor coastal seating options. A day bed faces the outdoor fireplace with blue and white garden stools placed as tables and opposite the space is an outdoor dining area to enjoy the dinner outside.
The dining room has the perfect aqua stripe coastal rug grounding the space with style.
Classic cottage style kitchen with white and gray painted cabinets, a view of the lake and lovely coastal glass pendant lights over the island.
You are greeted by a shuttered cabinet and framed map in this coastal designed foyer.
Coastal designed space with antibes blue and white ticking bedding, painted blue cottage cabinet and a coco bead chandelier hung over the bed, these are just a few of our favorite things in this lake house bedroom.
You don't have to live by the sea to get a coastal look. With these 10 tips you will feel like you've got the ocean on your doorstep. Capture the essence of the seaside in any space with these coastal design and decorating ideas.
3. Driftwood. Beautiful weathered wood strewn along the beach, known as driftwood is seen as a treasure found on the beaches. Adding driftwood into your decor gives the design a coastal collected ambiance. This driftwood wall art is a great example of how to use it in your home.
4. Stripes. Blue and white stripes brighten any space while giving it a coastal design found in many beach houses decor. This blue and white stripe area rug is the perfect example of relaxed beach house design.
5. Seashell Decor. Seashells are easy to use in your design, they can be placed on a coffee table as an accent or displayed as a collection in a bookcase. There are so many ways to incorporate sea life decor into your home.
6. Coastal Lighting, From ship cargo lights to shell chandeliers, coastal lighting can add more than light to your design. A coastal chandelier can add interest to a room with beachy style.
7. Wicker Textures. Wicker gives a relaxed beach feel. Add in a wicker chair or a set of wicker baskets to give your home a relaxed beach house design.
8. Weathered Wood. Just like the textures wicker creates, weathered wood gives a collected and evolved design to your space. This weathered wood Hamptons coffee table is a great example.
9. Aqua Accents. There is something about the color aqua that evokes the feeling of cool ocean waters. Bringing in aqua to a space whether on your walls or as an accent will give the space an ocean side vibe.
10. Coastal Pillows. Soft accents like coastal throw pillows will give a comfy touch to your home while providing some extra seaside design.