Coastal Home Blog
1. Festive fern wreath holiday decor with fresh greenery is a beautiful way to fill a wall with joy.
2. Coastal glass jars or lanterns with sand and candles is a simple project you can have the kids help with. These holiday candles can be placed throughout the house for ambiance and festive decor.
3. Gourds, pumpkins & antlers tablescape is an easy festive design you can create at your table for your holiday dinner gathering.
4. Fun holiday calendar wall display will add a festive feel to your wall as well as countdown to your favorite holiday. You could even fill the bags with a surprise each day you countdown.
5. Add a pop of red to your coastal living room with some great throw pillows to bring in some Christmas cheer.
6. Succulent festive holiday plantings with holiday embroidered containers can be placed in any room to bring in some festive feeling.
7. Turn your coastal lanterns into an easy and stylish holiday display by adding lights to your lanterns.
8. Holiday lighted stars wall display is a great way to light a space with holiday style.
9. Holiday banner hung on a wall or in a doorway will usher in the festive spirit to a space.
10. Yarn wrapped festive branches can add a touch of holiday cheer to a table.
10 Ways to decorate with coastal Christmas Cheer. Spice up your holiday decor with these 10 tips.
The relationship of items to one another to form a pleasing whole is called balance. There are two forms of balance: symmetrical and asymmetrical. Bilateral symmetry has two of everything. Asymmetry refers to an imbalance, such as two candles of slightly different sizes next to each other. Symmetry is very serene, while asymmetry is used to add visual interest.
6 Simple tips to make the right furniture choices and space plan in your coastal rooms. Design tips to maximize your furniture style & function in your space.
White slipcover sofa and club chairs with sunburst mirrors
Navy and white Dining Room with white slipcover chairs
1. Set the tone the second guests walk in. Create a welcoming entry or foyer that invites your guest and sets the mood. You can do this by decorating a hall table or coastal console in your entry with holiday decor and seashell accents.
2. Mood music. Keep the music going to keep the party flowing. A nice mix of music at a level your guests can still talk over will create a party mood. Music makes everything better.
3. Light the night. Lighting can totally set the mood. A beautiful coastal chandelier hung over the dining table sets the coastal tone and sheds light on your party so guests can enjoy conversation. These are great examples of coastal lighting, cargo ship lights give a nautical dining feel while the coastal beaded chandelier envokes a seashore design to your space.
4. Get creative with your centerpieces. A creative coastal holiday centerpiece decorates the dining table and makes the gathering around the coastal table special. It shows your style, creativity and desire to have a wonderful gathering.
5. Assigned seating. Setting the placement of guests to create conversation and new friendships is a great way to make your party memorable. Go an extra step by making special coastal seating cards for your guests to let them know you care. These coastal place settings are a good example of seaside design for a coastal party.
6. Tablescape presentation. The presentation is essential in your coastal party design. From the way you present the food to the napkins you choose for cocktails, it all matters and aids in creating your coastal holiday theme.
7. Comfortable coastal seating. You want your guests to be comfortable, have fun and stay at your party so give them a comfy seat. These great coastal slipcovered arm chairs are a lovely example of the right seating for your "friendsgiving" party.
8. Thanksgiving Photo Props. Make your guests some fun pilgram hats or feather headbands for some fun photo opportunities. Let your guests personalities shine with this fun little experiement.
9. Let your guests take home goodies in style.
10. Thankful Cards. Place sweet little cards for your guest to write what they are thankful for. Then have everyone read theirs outloud for all to enjoy. These thankful notes in a bottle are a special coastal design idea your guests will love.