Coastal Home Blog
1. Coastal art wall. When coastal art is casually hung on a wall creating an art display it will add a laid back seaside feel to the room.
2. Mix up your patterns. Combining different colors and fabric patterns gives a space a casual, carefree and collected look.
3. Coastal slipcover furniture. One of the biggest style choices that will give your home a coastal casual feel is a slipcover sofa ot chair. Nothing says casual beach like a comfy coastal slipcover sofa.
4. Coastal area rug. A great boathouse stripe or a sea inspired pattern is a cool way to casually add some coastal comfy style to your space.
5. Texture. Bringing in some wicker chairs or weathered wood table will give your home a casual coastal touch.
6. Seashell decor. A simple shell mirror reflects light and adds a whimsical, casual feel to the room.
7. Coastal lanterns. Hang some coastal lanterns for an instant coastal casual ambiance in any room.
8. Coastal chandeliers. A sea glass or a driftwood chandelier will add that missing beach house coasta touch in your home.
9. Sea life decor. From sea glass balls to starfish, these salty decor pieces will add a whimiscal and casual feel to any place. This driftwood seahorse is a perfect eample of sea life decor done right.
10. Driftwood. The weathered look of driftwood is perfect for creating a casual collected beach house design.
You don't have to live by the sea to get a coastal look. With these 10 tips you will feel like you've got the ocean on your doorstep. Capture the essence of the seaside in any space with these coastal design and decorating ideas.
3. Driftwood. Beautiful weathered wood strewn along the beach, known as driftwood is seen as a treasure found on the beaches. Adding driftwood into your decor gives the design a coastal collected ambiance. This driftwood wall art is a great example of how to use it in your home.
4. Stripes. Blue and white stripes brighten any space while giving it a coastal design found in many beach houses decor. This blue and white stripe area rug is the perfect example of relaxed beach house design.
5. Seashell Decor. Seashells are easy to use in your design, they can be placed on a coffee table as an accent or displayed as a collection in a bookcase. There are so many ways to incorporate sea life decor into your home.
6. Coastal Lighting, From ship cargo lights to shell chandeliers, coastal lighting can add more than light to your design. A coastal chandelier can add interest to a room with beachy style.
7. Wicker Textures. Wicker gives a relaxed beach feel. Add in a wicker chair or a set of wicker baskets to give your home a relaxed beach house design.
8. Weathered Wood. Just like the textures wicker creates, weathered wood gives a collected and evolved design to your space. This weathered wood Hamptons coffee table is a great example.
9. Aqua Accents. There is something about the color aqua that evokes the feeling of cool ocean waters. Bringing in aqua to a space whether on your walls or as an accent will give the space an ocean side vibe.
10. Coastal Pillows. Soft accents like coastal throw pillows will give a comfy touch to your home while providing some extra seaside design.