Coastal Home Blog
1. Festive fern wreath holiday decor with fresh greenery is a beautiful way to fill a wall with joy.
2. Coastal glass jars or lanterns with sand and candles is a simple project you can have the kids help with. These holiday candles can be placed throughout the house for ambiance and festive decor.
3. Gourds, pumpkins & antlers tablescape is an easy festive design you can create at your table for your holiday dinner gathering.
4. Fun holiday calendar wall display will add a festive feel to your wall as well as countdown to your favorite holiday. You could even fill the bags with a surprise each day you countdown.
5. Add a pop of red to your coastal living room with some great throw pillows to bring in some Christmas cheer.
6. Succulent festive holiday plantings with holiday embroidered containers can be placed in any room to bring in some festive feeling.
7. Turn your coastal lanterns into an easy and stylish holiday display by adding lights to your lanterns.
8. Holiday lighted stars wall display is a great way to light a space with holiday style.
9. Holiday banner hung on a wall or in a doorway will usher in the festive spirit to a space.
10. Yarn wrapped festive branches can add a touch of holiday cheer to a table.
10 Ways to decorate with coastal Christmas Cheer. Spice up your holiday decor with these 10 tips.
1. Set the tone the second guests walk in. Create a welcoming entry or foyer that invites your guest and sets the mood. You can do this by decorating a hall table or coastal console in your entry with holiday decor and seashell accents.
2. Mood music. Keep the music going to keep the party flowing. A nice mix of music at a level your guests can still talk over will create a party mood. Music makes everything better.
3. Light the night. Lighting can totally set the mood. A beautiful coastal chandelier hung over the dining table sets the coastal tone and sheds light on your party so guests can enjoy conversation. These are great examples of coastal lighting, cargo ship lights give a nautical dining feel while the coastal beaded chandelier envokes a seashore design to your space.
4. Get creative with your centerpieces. A creative coastal holiday centerpiece decorates the dining table and makes the gathering around the coastal table special. It shows your style, creativity and desire to have a wonderful gathering.
5. Assigned seating. Setting the placement of guests to create conversation and new friendships is a great way to make your party memorable. Go an extra step by making special coastal seating cards for your guests to let them know you care. These coastal place settings are a good example of seaside design for a coastal party.
6. Tablescape presentation. The presentation is essential in your coastal party design. From the way you present the food to the napkins you choose for cocktails, it all matters and aids in creating your coastal holiday theme.
7. Comfortable coastal seating. You want your guests to be comfortable, have fun and stay at your party so give them a comfy seat. These great coastal slipcovered arm chairs are a lovely example of the right seating for your "friendsgiving" party.
8. Thanksgiving Photo Props. Make your guests some fun pilgram hats or feather headbands for some fun photo opportunities. Let your guests personalities shine with this fun little experiement.
9. Let your guests take home goodies in style.
10. Thankful Cards. Place sweet little cards for your guest to write what they are thankful for. Then have everyone read theirs outloud for all to enjoy. These thankful notes in a bottle are a special coastal design idea your guests will love.
1. Fall Thumb. Try planting some colorful fall foliage and flowers in flower boxes that make a statement.
2. Warm Entryway. Create a warm hued and inviting entrance to your home with lights and leaves.
3. Deck the Door. Add fall leaves, acorn clusters, and pinecone wreaths to your front door or even your mailbox as well.
4. Slipcover Change. Create a change of season with a change of color on your slipcover sofa. Throw on a new slipcover with a warmer neutral tone for an instant fall feel.
6. Warm Lighting. Natural textures and organic shape lighting let off a warmer and softer light, like these sea grass drop pendant lights. This is a great way to create the warm hues of fall in any space.
7. Textures and layers. Natural textures like jute and sea grass have that familiar hue of fall, add these textures in with an area rug to anchor your space. Throw a coastal throw over the edge of the sofa to create the layers found in fall.
8. Coastal Cozy. Besides wrapping up in a great coastal blanket or throw, sitting by the fire in the fall is a lovely feeling.
9. Coastal Outdoor Living Space. Create the perfect outdoor living room to enjoy the fall weather. Nothing is better than a crisp cool night by the fire. Make sure you have the right outdoor furnishings to be comfy cozy.
10. Fall Scents. If you're ready for your coastal home to feel like Fall, awaken the senses with scent. Grab your apple peels and cinnamon for an all-natural way to scent your home. This DIY puts kitchen scraps to good use while creating a wonderful fresh scent that smells like a change of season.
What You'll Need:
Apple peels and cores
Peel of one orange or one lemon (optional)
1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon dried cinnamon
1 teaspoon dried cloves
1 teaspoon dried allspice
4 cups water
This DIY is so simple. Add all the ingredients to the small saucepan, fill with water, and simmer over low heat. You can keep adding water as needed.
Fall Scents A change of season DIY