Coastal Home Blog
Whether you live just steps from the ocean or miles away, a beach inspired porch brings the feel of the seashore right to your front door.
1. Ocean Hues. Use aqua tones of the ocean blues and sandy hues like the dunes to give your porch a beachy design.
2. Nautical lanterns will add a touch of seaside design to any porch. This understated beach house porch with a beach dune and ocean view doesn't need much to have a beachy style, the nauitcal lantern pendant is the perfect touch.
3. Outdoor slipcovered furnishings is our favorite way to bring the beach house style to your porch. A comfy coastal casual feel is key with any beach house design.
5. Textures like wicker coastal outdoor seating add a beach house element to an outdoor space or front porch.
6. Hanging Coastal Seating adds a coastal whimsy design to your space. It gives you outdoor living an unexpected coastal design for a big impact.
7. Sectional sofa for lots of coastal seating on coastal porch. Fill your coastal porch with the perfect seating by using a sectional sofa. This allows you to lounge, lay down, read a book, or enjoy the entire family together in one space.
8. Throw pillows make the outdoors feel like your inside the beach house by adding coastal accents and a comfy casual feeling.
9. Aqua Paint. Paint your porch ceiling or floors for a coastal beach house vibe. This is a great way to give your coastal space a vast open feeling of the sky or ocean waves that most beach houses usually have.
10. Fire elements. If you have an open air deck a fire element brings a beachy bon fire feel to your space.
1. Color Tones. Decorating a room in all the same tone is a wasted opportunity. Using only one shade of a color looks flat; choose two or preferably three and mix them between coastal accessories,rugs, furniture and paint.
2. Accent wall. Wallpapering or painting an accent wall a different color will add dimension and texture to the room without being overpowering.
3. Glazing. Adding a glaze to paint on the wall adds automatic texture and gives off a subtle glow when light hits it. Glaze also reflects the natural lighting in the room, creating a warmer effect.
6. Window treatments. Dressing your windows with fabric or woven blinds creates layers and texture while giving the space a finished look.
8. Weathered Wod. Weather it's a reclaimed wood dining table or a great piece of driftwood displayed on the wall, wood is an effortless representation of texture.
9. Layer lighting. Having overhead lighting, sea inspired chandeliers, task lighting and soft tabletop lighting adds dimension to your space. Light casts shadows and adds brightness, creating layers and texture.
Create your own Glamping Experience:
The best way to make beach camping feel luxurious? Glamp it up! Elevate your camp experience with the comforts of home.
1. Get off the ground. The best way to make camp feel luxurious? An air mattress will elevate yout sleeping to the next level and keep you comfy all night.
3. Treat your feet. An indoor-outdoor throw rug will keep the sand at bay as well as dres up your camping space with coastal style.
4. Coastal Seating. Bring a chair with a back. Wether you load up your favorite beach chair or the most comfrotable slipcover arm chair you have. You are gonna appreciate good seating that creates awesome coastal chic style.
5. Create mood lighting. Coastal candle lanterns are a great way to add light and stylish ambiance to your camping experience.
6. Hang Out. Tie a hammock to the trees and hang out in coastal style.
7. Element of Fire. Create a space to gather around the fire with a fire element.
8. Floor Pillows can create extra seating and make the hang out around the campfire coastal comfy.
9. Movie Time. Set up your lap top for an outdoor movie expereince.
10. Bring The Snacks! Load up the chocolate and the marshmellows to create those smores.
Glamping on Florida’s West Coast in RV Parks:
There are a few RV parks right on the beach, such as Red Coconut RV Park in North Ft. Myers beach, and Calusa Campground Resort and Marina in the Florida Keys. Or Bluewater Key Resort , 10 miles from Key West where most every spot has it’s own dock. Bring your own RV, or look for a rental!