Coastal Home Blog
10 Ways: To make your home feel like it's on the beach
Designing a casual beach-chic style should be bright and airy, visually transporting you to the beach no matter where you live. Coastal interiors blur the line between indoors . Casual coastal style uses beautiful seaside accessories such as shells, nautical and coastal art, aiming for a clean inviting ambiance. Casual beach-chic style is easy to achieve, you just have to remember to keep it simple and follow these 10 tips.
1. Slipcover sofa. Adding a major casual comfy element to your design with a slipcover sofa will give your space coastal design.
10 ways to make your city home feel like a casual beachside home.
2. Coastal stripes,especially blue and white stripes offer a beach house vibe.
3.Outdoor fabrics. For upholstered furnishings, consider outdoor fabrics, which come in designs and colors that look great in a living room and outdoor space.
4.Display your collected beach treasures. This will bring in the feel of the sea as well as provide a place for your treasures to shine.
5. Casual coastal lighitng. Use lighting that makes you feel like you are on vacation at a Hamptons resort.
6.Artful and creative wall displays. Create whimsical and fun walls of art. A beach house is never serious.
7.Nautical and whimsical decor. Use fun and casual accessories like life savers and wooden oars to decorate your space.
8.Mix patterns and textures for an exciting and casual design usually seen in beach decor.
9. Seashell adornments. Whenever possible use shelled furniture and shell lighting in your home to bring in the ocean and a light to your decor.
10. Light and weathered woods. Coastal style dictates a lighter touch. Picture driftwood bleached out with a salty patina. Whitewashed or pickled woods, blond maple and ash, or bamboo. This goes for flooring as well as furniture. Painted wood planks and beadboard are also perfectly coastal.